OUTDATED WIRING?

Is your home wiring safe or outdated?

Outdated wiring can be dangerous. An electrical fire or accident can cause personal injury to your or a member of your family and potentially cost you thousands of dollars in damages to your home. Many of these tragedies are caused by poor installation, outdated wiring and components and home electrical systems that have not been maintained. These issues can be avoided with the help of CMW Electric’s Whole-Home Safety Inspection.

Here are some warning signs to look out for.

Image
 

Does your wiring, outlets and light fixtures have:

  • Frayed wiring
  • Arcing
  • An electrical burning smell (ozone)
  • Light fixtures that won’t turn on when you know the bulb is good
  • Sizzling sound inside switches and plugs
  • Lights and appliances dimming for no reason
  • Breakers tripping
Image

Does your wiring, outlets and light fixtures have:

  • Frayed wiring
  • Arcing
  • An electrical burning smell (ozone)
  • Light fixtures that won’t turn on when you know the bulb is good
  • Sizzling sound inside switches and plugs
  • Lights and appliances dimming for no reason
  • Breakers tripping

Lubbock's own Warehouse on Wheels

Call 806-687-6543 for the CMW Electric difference today!

Lubbock's own Warehouse on Wheels

Call 806-687-6543 for the CMW Electric difference today!

In your breaker box:

Federal Pacific Electric breakers*
These breakers were installed in millions of American homes from the 1950s to the 1980s. They appear safe but can overheat and become a fire hazard. These should be replaced by a professional electrician like the ones at CMW Electric.

Zinsco panels*
Extremely popular in North America for years, these breaker panels may overheat and melt. This can cause fire or electrical shock. These should be removed immediately.

Fuse Boxes*
Old electrical systems that rely on fuses are not able to handle the power demands of the modern household. Typically, a fuse box system is rated to handle no more than 60 amps. A modern household needs to have at least 150 amps of electrical capacity. If overburdened, these fuses will blow and can overheat, causing damage. Sometimes a homeowner will put a larger fuse in the box to keep a circuit from blowing. This is a fire hazard as it may cause wires to overheat.

In general:
If your home was built before 1970, there’s a good chance that your wiring is out-of-date. Electrical codes are constantly updated for safety and as new technology comes along. Keep your home electrical system up-to-date and in excellent condition.

Don't risk your home or, worse, injury to a loved one. Call CMW Electric today.

* Google any of the above panel name brands for additional consumer information and resources.



Old Federal Pacific breaker boxes should be replaced immediately.
Image Image Image Image Image